The Third Dominion Malta Retirement Plan is a Maltese licensed personal retirement plan and is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority. This plan is of particular interest to people who have a connection (domicile) with UK. It is a pension scheme established outside the UK which satisfies certain requirements set out by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
The Plan offers the following benefits:
- No cap on the contributions although they should be commensurate with the overall wealth of the individual, their income requirements, and any other pension savings of the member Tax free gross roll up within the plan.
- Can hold a wide range of assets including hedge funds, stocks, share, private equity, works of art and real estate.
- A tax efficient way of holding UK residential and commercial property.
- Contributions immediately outside of the estate for IHT purposes with no 10 year periodic charges.
- Benefits available from age 50.
- Benefits at death passed down to beneficiaries tax efficiently with no probate.
Contributions do not attract UK income tax relief, thus UK annual allowance and lifetime allowance restrictions do not apply.